Pottermore, the official website for the Harry Potter series, has revealed that the play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will debut on Broadway on April 22, 2018. The Harry Potter Broadway opening will be held at the Lyric Theatre in New York, which is currently being renovated for a total new look before its opening next spring.
Tickets will be available only on the official website for the play. No other details about the play have been announced, including casting details and the performance schedule. However, additional news should be forthcoming in the next few months.
The Cursed Child storyline follows the epilogue scene in the 7th book of the series (“Deathly Hallows”). Harry, Ron, and Hermione are all adults, while the story shows the adventures of their children at Hogwarts. Read more “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Goes to Broadway”
The Harry Potter awards keep on coming. “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” has broken all previous records at the Olivier Awards in London. It has received 11 nominations for the UK equivalent of Broadway’s Tony Awards, and this many nominations is the most for any show in the history of the Oliver Awards. It set new records again when it won 9 awards.
The previous record was 7 Oliver Awards, and that was held jointly by “Matilda the Musical” and “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time”. Both were certified successes before they debuted on Broadway. Cursed Child is also set for Broadway as well, with a scheduled debut on April 22, 2018.
The award included Read more “Harry Potter Sets Oliver Awards Record”
The last Harry Potter book was published in 2007, and its last words were “All was well”. But was it really?
Despite Rowling’s promise that Harry’s story has ended, a new chapter to the saga called Harry Potter and the Cursed Child has emerged. Here are some facts you need to know about:
1. Cursed Child is actually a play, and it’s playing at the Palace Theatre in the West End.
2. It’s also coming out in book form and in e-book form, but it’s not a novelization. It’s just the script of the play.
3. The new Harry Potter book released on midnight of July 31. This, by the way, is the birthday of both Harry Potter and J. K. Rowling.
4. It has broken presale records on Amazon, where it has the most number of preorders since Deathly Hallows. Barnes and Noble expect this new Harry Potter book to be their biggest seller for 2016.
5. Like for previous books, many bookstores are hosting Harry Potter celebrations in time for the launch.
6. The story is about Albus Severus Potter, and also about the older, middle-aged Harry Potter.
7. The play has been a hit and critically acclaimed. The first 175,000 tickets were snapped up in less than 24 hours. Millions of tickets have been sold. Read more “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: The New Harry Potter Book for 2016”
Fun Facts about Hogwarts
Any diehard Harry Potter fan should know at least some of these fun facts about Hogwarts and the characters in HP films and books:
1. To Muggles, Hogwarts looks like a rundown building with a sign saying “Keep Out: Dangerous.”
2. Alfonso Cuaron, in order to become more familiar with the main characters, asked the three main stars to write an essay about the characters they played. Emma Watson stayed true to her Hermione role by submitting a 16-page essay. Daniel Radcliffe just submitted a simple-1 page note, as Harry would have done. Rupert Grint didn’t even turn in his essay, though. Classic Ron Weasley behavior!
3. Dobby’s first words to Harry were “Harry Potter.” Those were his last words too when he died saving Harry’s life, in defiance of Harry’s orders back in the second book that Dobby should never try to save his life again.
4. “Albus” means white, to signify the character’s goodness. But “Dumbledore” is an old English word that means “bumblebee”. Rowling said that he always imagined the headmaster humming to himself.
5. Sometimes nepotism is a good thing. The young Tom Riddle in the orphanage scene is played by Ralph Fiennes’ nephew. Brendan Gleeson plays Mad-Eye Moody, and his son Domhall Gleeson plays Bill Weasley.
6. In the movie for the Half Blood Prince, the original script had Dumbledore reminiscing about a girl he once had a crush on. That was when Rowling revealed that Dumbledore was gay, a fact that she later made public. Read more “Fun Facts about Hogwarts”