The last Harry Potter book was published in 2007, and its last words were “All was well”. But was it really?
Despite Rowling’s promise that Harry’s story has ended, a new chapter to the saga called Harry Potter and the Cursed Child has emerged. Here are some facts you need to know about:
1. Cursed Child is actually a play, and it’s playing at the Palace Theatre in the West End.
2. It’s also coming out in book form and in e-book form, but it’s not a novelization. It’s just the script of the play.
3. The new Harry Potter book released on midnight of July 31. This, by the way, is the birthday of both Harry Potter and J. K. Rowling.
4. It has broken presale records on Amazon, where it has the most number of preorders since Deathly Hallows. Barnes and Noble expect this new Harry Potter book to be their biggest seller for 2016.
5. Like for previous books, many bookstores are hosting Harry Potter celebrations in time for the launch.
6. The story is about Albus Severus Potter, and also about the older, middle-aged Harry Potter.
7. The play has been a commercial hit and critically acclaimed. The first 175,000 tickets were snapped up in less than 24 hours. Millions of tickets have been sold. Read more “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: The New Harry Potter Book for 2016”